Amilia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emilia:
Feminine form of Emil, derived from the Latin Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (rival, trying to equal or excel, emulating) There are some who thing Emilio is of Germanic origin and derive it from the element amal (work).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amilia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amilia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amilia
- Comments and insights on the name Amilia
- Personal experiences with the name Amilia
- Nicknames for Amilia
- Meanings and history of the name Amilia
A Roman Latin name meaning, "Amiable." The possible variants are, "Amalia," "Amelia," or of "Emilia."
- Famous real-life people named Amilia
- Amilia in song, story & screen