Anastazja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Anastasia:
Feminine form of the Greek Anastasios (of the resurrection), a derivative of anastasis (resurrection). The name was borne by a daughter of Czar Nicholas II. She was supposedly murdered by the Bolsheviks along with the rest of her family in 1918. However, there is some speculation that she survived the attack.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Anastazja? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Anastazja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Anastazja
- Comments and insights on the name Anastazja
- Personal experiences with the name Anastazja
- Nicknames for Anastazja
- Meanings and history of the name Anastazja
- Famous real-life people named Anastazja
- Anastazja in song, story & screen