Anetta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Anne:
Anne is a cognate of the Hebrew Hannah (gracious, full of grace), which is from hannāh, chaanach (grace, gracious, mercy). In medieval Christian tradition, Anne was the name assigned to the mother of the Virgin Mary, as Joachim was assigned to her father.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Anetta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Anetta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Anetta
- Comments and insights on the name Anetta
Annetta may be a variation of Annette, or a diminutive of Anne, and may have an Italian history.
- Personal experiences with the name Anetta
Annetta was my great grandmother's name.
- Nicknames for Anetta
- Meanings and history of the name Anetta
Was a top 1000 name from the late 1800s through 1966.
- Famous real-life people named Anetta
- Anetta in song, story & screen