Ania Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hannah:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ania? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ania
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ania
- Comments and insights on the name Ania
- Personal experiences with the name Ania
- Nicknames for Ania
- Meanings and history of the name Ania
* Ania \a-nia\ as a girl's name is of Polish and Slavic origin, and the meaning of Ania is "grace".
* Polish form of the given name Anya.
* Polish diminutive of the name Anna
- Famous real-life people named Ania
* Ania Dąbrowska - Polish singer and composer
Ania Pieroni - Italian Actress
- Ania in song, story & screen