Aniela Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Angela:
Latinate form of Angel, a name derived from the vocabulary word angel (divine messenger, a messenger of God) which has its root in the Greek angelos (messenger). Var: Angela, Angele, Angella, Anngele. Pet: Angie.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aniela? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aniela
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aniela
- Comments and insights on the name Aniela
- Personal experiences with the name Aniela
- Nicknames for Aniela
Polish nicknames: Anielka (ah-NYEL-ka), Nela (NEH-la)
American nicknames: Ani (ahn-ee)
- Meanings and history of the name Aniela
Pronounced ah-NYEH-la, this is the Polish equivalent of Angela.
- Famous real-life people named Aniela
- Aniela in song, story & screen