Annele Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Anne:
Anne is a cognate of the Hebrew Hannah (gracious, full of grace), which is from hannāh, chaanach (grace, gracious, mercy). In medieval Christian tradition, Anne was the name assigned to the mother of the Virgin Mary, as Joachim was assigned to her father.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Annele
Contribute your knowledge to the name Annele
- Comments and insights on the name Annele
- Personal experiences with the name Annele
- Nicknames for Annele
- Meanings and history of the name Annele
- Famous real-life people named Annele
- Annele in song, story & screen
In the play Anne Frank, Anne’s father often uses Annele as a nickname for Anne