Aoibhe Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eve:
Derived from the Hebrew Chava (life), which is from hawwah (life). The name is borne in the Bible by the first woman, "the mother of all the living."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aoibhe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aoibhe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aoibhe
- Comments and insights on the name Aoibhe
A common Irish form of Eve. Pronounced "EE-vah," like Eva.
- Personal experiences with the name Aoibhe
I have a new niece named Aoibhe. I am from Ireland--living in the US--but had never heard the name. This Aoibhe will be pronounced "Eve." I, too, had thought it would have a extra syllable at the end, as in Eva.
- Nicknames for Aoibhe
- Meanings and history of the name Aoibhe
"Beauty" or "life".
- Famous real-life people named Aoibhe
- Aoibhe in song, story & screen