Aretha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aretha:
Derived from Arēs, the name of the Greek mythological god of war, the son of Zeus and Hera.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aretha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aretha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aretha
- Comments and insights on the name Aretha
Aretha has the same letters as Eartha.
- Personal experiences with the name Aretha
- Nicknames for Aretha
- Meanings and history of the name Aretha
From the Greek word 'arete' meaning virtue.
- Famous real-life people named Aretha
Aretha Franklin, American singer
- Aretha in song, story & screen