Arsinoe Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Arsinoe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Arsinoe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Arsinoe
- Comments and insights on the name Arsinoe
- Personal experiences with the name Arsinoe
- Nicknames for Arsinoe
- Meanings and history of the name Arsinoe
Greek Ἀρσινόη possibly derived from the Greek word arsis (meaning "raised, lifted") and nous (meaning "intellect, mind"). Potentially meaning "smart."
Pronounced: arh-sin-ah-WAY. Possibly also ahr-SEE-noh-ee, ahr-sin-oh-EE or even ahr-SIN-oh.
- Famous real-life people named Arsinoe
Arsinoe II of Egypt, co-ruler of Egypt with her brother-husband Ptolemy Philadelphus.
Arsinoe III of Egypt, warrior Queen of Egypt mentioned in the Apocrypha book 3 Maccabees.
Arsinoe IV of Egypt; younger half-sister of Cleopatra
- Arsinoe in song, story & screen