Ashely Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ashley:
A name which originated as a surname de-rived from the Old English elements æsc (ash trees) and lēah (wood, clearing, meadow, enclosure): hence,"dweller near the ash tree forest." Ashley was originally bestowed as a male name in England, but its use in Great Britain and the U.S. is now predominately female.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ashely? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ashely
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ashely
- Comments and insights on the name Ashely
- Personal experiences with the name Ashely
- Nicknames for Ashely
- Meanings and history of the name Ashely
- Famous real-life people named Ashely
- Ashely in song, story & screen