Ashlea Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ashley:
A name which originated as a surname de-rived from the Old English elements æsc (ash trees) and lēah (wood, clearing, meadow, enclosure): hence,"dweller near the ash tree forest." Ashley was originally bestowed as a male name in England, but its use in Great Britain and the U.S. is now predominately female.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ashlea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ashlea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ashlea
- Comments and insights on the name Ashlea
- Personal experiences with the name Ashlea
- Nicknames for Ashlea
- Meanings and history of the name Ashlea
- Famous real-life people named Ashlea
This is the spelling one of my best friends uses. I think it's a great varation on the traditional "ley" or "leigh" spelling.
- Ashlea in song, story & screen