Ashlei Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ashley:
A name which originated as a surname de-rived from the Old English elements æsc (ash trees) and lēah (wood, clearing, meadow, enclosure): hence,"dweller near the ash tree forest." Ashley was originally bestowed as a male name in England, but its use in Great Britain and the U.S. is now predominately female.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ashlei? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ashlei
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ashlei
- Comments and insights on the name Ashlei
- Personal experiences with the name Ashlei
- Nicknames for Ashlei
- Meanings and history of the name Ashlei
A variant of Ashley (Old English), and the meaning of Ashlei is "ash meadow".
- Famous real-life people named Ashlei
- Ashlei in song, story & screen