Ashling Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aisling:
Derived from the Irish aisling (dream, vision, day-dream). The name has been Anglicized as Esther.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ashling? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ashling
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ashling
- Comments and insights on the name Ashling
- Personal experiences with the name Ashling
- Nicknames for Ashling
- Meanings and history of the name Ashling
From aislinge which means "a vision" or "a dream," Aisling is the name given to a popular poetic genre from the 17th and 18th centuries in which Ireland is personified as a beautiful woman in peril.
A very popular name in Ireland now.
- Famous real-life people named Ashling
- Ashling in song, story & screen
A brief character in the downloadable computer game "Delicious - Emily's Wonder Wedding".