Assia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Assia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Assia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Assia
- Comments and insights on the name Assia
Variations of the name are Asya, Asiya, and Assya.
- Personal experiences with the name Assia
- Nicknames for Assia
- Meanings and history of the name Assia
From Arabic, meaning "the one who comforts" or "the one who protects".
- Famous real-life people named Assia
Assia Noris, Russian Italian film actress
Assia, French pop singer
Assia Djebar, Algerian novelist, translator and filmmaker
Assia (Gutmann) Wevill, German-born Israeli, mistress of poet Ted Hughes, who left his wife Sylvia Plath for her. She was portrayed in the 2003 biopic "Sylvia" by Amira Casar.
Assia Dagher, Egyptian actress and film producer
- Assia in song, story & screen