Astella Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Stella:
A borrowing from the Latin, Stella is derived directly from stella (star). There is evidence that the name was used in England as far back as 1374, but it wasn't until the 16th century when Sir Philip Sidney used the name in his sonnets "Astrophel to Stella," that the name became commonly known. Stella is also used as a short form of Estelle.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Astella? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Astella
Contribute your knowledge to the name Astella
- Comments and insights on the name Astella
Parents liked the name Stella but wanted something a little different.
- Personal experiences with the name Astella
- Nicknames for Astella
- Meanings and history of the name Astella
- Famous real-life people named Astella
- Astella in song, story & screen