Astra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Astrid:
Derived from the Old Norse Ássfriđr, an Old Norse compound name composed of the elements áss (a god) and friđr (beautiful, fair).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Astra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Astra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Astra
- Comments and insights on the name Astra
- Personal experiences with the name Astra
- Nicknames for Astra
- Meanings and history of the name Astra
Astra means star
Greek meaning: "star"
Norse meaning: "divine strength"
Latin meaning: "From astralis meaning of the stars, derived from the Greek astron meaning star"
- Famous real-life people named Astra
- Astra in song, story & screen