Astri Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Astrid:
Derived from the Old Norse Ássfriđr, an Old Norse compound name composed of the elements áss (a god) and friđr (beautiful, fair).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Astri? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Astri
Contribute your knowledge to the name Astri
- Comments and insights on the name Astri
A variant and nickname of "Astrid" which is common in most Scandinavian countries.
- Personal experiences with the name Astri
- Nicknames for Astri
- Meanings and history of the name Astri
"Beautiful goddess", from Old Norse.
- Famous real-life people named Astri
Astri Aas-Hansen, Norwegian politician
Astri Dahl, Roald Dahl's sister, who died from appendicitis at the age of seven
- Astri in song, story & screen