Attica Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Attica? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Attica
Contribute your knowledge to the name Attica
- Comments and insights on the name Attica
- Personal experiences with the name Attica
- Nicknames for Attica
- Meanings and history of the name Attica
Attica, a historical region of Greece which surrounds Athens. but perhaps derived from the Greek akte,, meaning "shore, maritime place."
This is the Greek form of Latin word Atticus.
- Famous real-life people named Attica
Attica Locke, American author.
- Attica in song, story & screen
There were numerous movies and songs written about the Attica Prison Riot, but the perhaps the most well known pop culture reference is Al Pacino in the movie Dog Day Afternoon, chanting "Attica, Attica."