Aud Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Audrey:
Derived from the Old English Æđelþpryđ or Æthelthryth, a compound name composed of the elements æđel, æthel (noble) and þryđ, thryth (might, strength): hence, "noble strength." Var: Audra, Audrie, Audrina, Audry.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aud? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aud
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aud
- Comments and insights on the name Aud
- Personal experiences with the name Aud
- Nicknames for Aud
- Meanings and history of the name Aud
Scandinavian name from Old Norse auðr, "prosperity, fortune, blessings."
Pet form of Audrey.
- Famous real-life people named Aud
Aud the Deep-Minded, was a Scandinavian princess and figure of Norse Mythology.
- Aud in song, story & screen