Audre Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Audrey:
Derived from the Old English Æđelþpryđ or Æthelthryth, a compound name composed of the elements æđel, æthel (noble) and þryđ, thryth (might, strength): hence, "noble strength." Var: Audra, Audrie, Audrina, Audry.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Audre? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Audre
Contribute your knowledge to the name Audre
- Comments and insights on the name Audre
- Personal experiences with the name Audre
Hi. It me. I am Audre.
- Nicknames for Audre
Audr, Auder, Aude
- Meanings and history of the name Audre
Variant spelling of Audrey
- Famous real-life people named Audre
Audre Lorde, Caribbean-American poet and activist.
- Audre in song, story & screen