Augusta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Augusta:
Feminine form of the Latin Augustus, which is derived from augustus (great, venerable).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Augusta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Augusta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Augusta
- Comments and insights on the name Augusta
- Personal experiences with the name Augusta
- Nicknames for Augusta
Gussie, Gus, Gus-Gus, Gusta, Augie
- Meanings and history of the name Augusta
- Famous real-life people named Augusta
Augusta Leigh, Lord Byron's sister
- Augusta in song, story & screen
Lady Augusta was one of the characters in "The Whiteoaks of Jalna", a book series.
Aunt Augusta in "The Importance of Being Earnest" (aka Lady Bracknell)
Augusta Larrabee, 6th grader who ran for student council president and lost the election, in "Newtown USA"