Aura Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aura? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aura
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aura
- Comments and insights on the name Aura
- Personal experiences with the name Aura
- Nicknames for Aura
A, au (or)
- Meanings and history of the name Aura
The girl's name Aura \a(u)-ra\ is pronounced Oar-ah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "wind" or "breath." The word is used to describe the atmosphere surrounding an individual.
Greek mythology: Aura was the Titan goddess of the breeze and the fresh, cool air of early morning. Aurai nymphs of the breezes also occur in the plural. These were usually represented as daughters of Okeanos.
- Famous real-life people named Aura
- Aura in song, story & screen