Ave Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ave? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ave
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ave
- Comments and insights on the name Ave
- Personal experiences with the name Ave
- Nicknames for Ave
- Meanings and history of the name Ave
Ave means "to hail". Ave Maria (prayer), the "Hail, Mary", a traditional Catholic and Eastern Orthodox prayer calling for the intercession of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- Famous real-life people named Ave
- Ave in song, story & screen
* "Ave Maria" (Bach/Gounod), a popular and much recorded aria by Charles Gounod, based on a piece by Bach. Gounod also wrote a wholly original, unrelated, work.
* "Ave Maria" (Caccini), an aria by Vladimir Vavilov, ascribed to Giulio Caccini
* "Ellens dritter Gesang", a composition by Franz Schubert also known as "Ave Maria"
* "Ave Maria", a choral setting by Anton Bruckner
* "Ave Maria", a choral setting by Johannes Brahms
* "Ave Maria", a choral setting by Franz Biebl, made famous by the vocal ensemble, Chanticleer
* "Ave Maria", an aria by Giuseppe Verdi, from Otello
* "Ave Maria", composed, written, and sung by iconic French singer Charles Aznavour and covered by many other artists
* "Ave Maria", a song by Beyoncé from her album I Am...Sasha Fierce
* "Ave Maria (Survivors Of A Different Kind)", a song by Jennifer Rush
* "Ave Mary A", a song by Pink from her album Funhouse
* Ave Maria University, Roman Catholic university in southwest Florida
o Ave Maria University-Latin American Campus, branch campus of Ave Maria University, located in Nicaragua
* Ave Maria College, Melbourne, a Catholic secondary college for girls in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
* Ave Maria School of Law, a Roman Catholic law school in Ann Arbor, Michigan
* Avé Maria (film), 2006 Portuguese TV movie starring Beatriz Batarda.
* Ave Maria, Florida, a new university town near Naples, Florida, in Collier County
* Ave Maria Grotto, Cullman, Alabama, landscaped park
* Ave Maria Lane, a street near St Paul's Cathedral in London
* Ave Maria Mutual Funds, U.S. mutual fund family
* Ave Maria Press, a Catholic book publisher
* Ave Maria Radio, radio operator