Ayana Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ayana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ayana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ayana
- Comments and insights on the name Ayana
- Personal experiences with the name Ayana
- Nicknames for Ayana
- Meanings and history of the name Ayana
African Origin: Beautiful flower
Means "beautiful flower" in Amharic.
Tilt of the name Maayan, which means "fountain; spring of water" in Hebrew.
From Japanese 彩 (aya) meaning "colour", 綾 (aya) meaning "design" combined with 那 (na) meaning "that one", 娜 (na) meaning "elegant, graceful, delicate". Other kanji combinations are possible.
Allegedly derived from Sanskrit ayana "going" (with the intended meaning of "way").
- Famous real-life people named Ayana
- Ayana in song, story & screen