Ayisha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aisha:
Derived from the Arabic 'Āisha (alive and well), which is from 'āsha (to live). The name is borne by the Prophet Muhammad's third and favorite wife.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ayisha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ayisha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ayisha
- Comments and insights on the name Ayisha
variant spelling of the Arabic name Aisha
USAGE: Arabic, African American
PRONOUNCED: I-ee-shu (African American)
- Personal experiences with the name Ayisha
- Nicknames for Ayisha
- Meanings and history of the name Ayisha
Variant of Aisha.
- Famous real-life people named Ayisha
- Ayisha in song, story & screen