Azelma Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Azelma? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Azelma
Contribute your knowledge to the name Azelma
- Comments and insights on the name Azelma
USAGE: Literature, Italian, Norman
OTHER FORMS: Zelma/Zelmina (Italian), Zelmino/Zelmo (Romanesque masculine)
- Personal experiences with the name Azelma
- Nicknames for Azelma
Aze, Velma, Azzy, Ella, Ma Ma, El
- Meanings and history of the name Azelma
Italian feminine short form of Guglielmo. Victor Hugo used this name in his novel 'Les Misérables' (1862) for a daughter of the Thénardiers (a sister of Eponine and Gavroche).
- Famous real-life people named Azelma
- Azelma in song, story & screen
Azelma Thenardier--Eponine's little sister in Victor Hugo's novel Les Miserables, she doesn't appear in the Stage Version