Beca Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Beca? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Beca
Contribute your knowledge to the name Beca
- Comments and insights on the name Beca
Becca is the more common spelling, but Beca can be used.
- Personal experiences with the name Beca
- Nicknames for Beca
- Meanings and history of the name Beca
Welsh nickname for Rebecca.
- Famous real-life people named Beca
- Beca in song, story & screen
Character in Pitch Perfect was named Beca