Bekah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bekah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bekah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bekah
- Comments and insights on the name Bekah
- Personal experiences with the name Bekah
usually, peppy, and creative, and spunky.
- Nicknames for Bekah
- Meanings and history of the name Bekah
nuce, not, or tying
- Famous real-life people named Bekah
- Bekah in song, story & screen