Bellicent Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bellicent? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bellicent
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bellicent
- Comments and insights on the name Bellicent
- Personal experiences with the name Bellicent
- Nicknames for Bellicent
- Meanings and history of the name Bellicent
Possibly related to the Celtic name Belenus, meaning "bright, brilliant".
In Arthurian legend, Bellicent was the half-sister of King Arthur and the mother of Gareth and Gawain. She also appears in Alfred Lord Tennyson's epic poem 'The Idyll of Gareth and Lynette.' In other sources, Bellicent is called Morgause.
- Famous real-life people named Bellicent
- Bellicent in song, story & screen