Bet Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bet? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bet
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bet
- Comments and insights on the name Bet
Most likely used as a diminutive form of Elizabeth.
- Personal experiences with the name Bet
- Nicknames for Bet
- Meanings and history of the name Bet
- Famous real-life people named Bet
- Bet in song, story & screen