Biddie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bridget:
Anglicized from of the Gaelic BrÍghid, which is believed to be derived from brÍgh (strength). The name was borne by an ancient Celtic goddess, by St. Bridget of Kildar (451? - 523), an Irish abbess and patron saint of Ireland, and by St. Birgitta (1302? - 73), a Swedish nun and founder of the Order of the Brigittines.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Biddie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Biddie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Biddie
- Comments and insights on the name Biddie
This is a pet form of Bridget. It is seldom used outside Ireland nowadays, as the phrase "an old biddy" has come to denote a tiresome old woman.
- Personal experiences with the name Biddie
- Nicknames for Biddie
- Meanings and history of the name Biddie
- Famous real-life people named Biddie
- Biddie in song, story & screen