Biddy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bridget:
Anglicized from of the Gaelic BrÍghid, which is believed to be derived from brÍgh (strength). The name was borne by an ancient Celtic goddess, by St. Bridget of Kildar (451? - 523), an Irish abbess and patron saint of Ireland, and by St. Birgitta (1302? - 73), a Swedish nun and founder of the Order of the Brigittines.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Biddy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Biddy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Biddy
- Comments and insights on the name Biddy
- Personal experiences with the name Biddy
- Nicknames for Biddy
- Meanings and history of the name Biddy
pet form of Bridget used mostly in Ireland
- Famous real-life people named Biddy
- Biddy in song, story & screen
Orphan girl from the book Great Expectations