Biruta Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Biruta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Biruta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Biruta
- Comments and insights on the name Biruta
A classic Lithuanian name, also frequently used in Poland.
- Personal experiences with the name Biruta
- Nicknames for Biruta
- Meanings and history of the name Biruta
From Lithuanian "byrančiu", meaning “snow". Pronounced bi-ROO-tay in Lithuanian, bi-ROO-ta in Polish. The Romanian form is Viruţa.
- Famous real-life people named Biruta
Biruta, wife of Grand Duke Kęstutis of Lithuania and mother of Vytautas the Great
- Biruta in song, story & screen
Biruta, Lithuanian folk heroine, who was a "vaidilutė" or priestess of the gods who guarded the sacred fire.
Biruta Buk, resolute Nazi resister in James Michener's novel "Poland"