Blanch Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Blanche:
Derived from the Old French blanchir (to make white), which is from blanc (white). The name, introduced to England by the Normans, can be coincidentally derived from the Middle English blanchen (to make white, to take color from). The name was originally used as a nickname for someone with pale blond hair and now often mistakenly thought to mean "blond."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Blanch? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Blanch
Contribute your knowledge to the name Blanch
- Comments and insights on the name Blanch
- Personal experiences with the name Blanch
- Nicknames for Blanch
- Meanings and history of the name Blanch
- Famous real-life people named Blanch
- Blanch in song, story & screen