Blanchefleur Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Blanche:
Derived from the Old French blanchir (to make white), which is from blanc (white). The name, introduced to England by the Normans, can be coincidentally derived from the Middle English blanchen (to make white, to take color from). The name was originally used as a nickname for someone with pale blond hair and now often mistakenly thought to mean "blond."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Blanchefleur? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Blanchefleur
Contribute your knowledge to the name Blanchefleur
- Comments and insights on the name Blanchefleur
Pronounced BLAWNSH-fluhr (sort of...)
- Personal experiences with the name Blanchefleur
- Nicknames for Blanchefleur
- Meanings and history of the name Blanchefleur
From the French, meaning "White Flower"
- Famous real-life people named Blanchefleur
- Blanchefleur in song, story & screen
Blanchefleur was the mother of Tristan in "Tristan and Isolde" (Tristan unt Iseulde).
Blanchefleur was the wife of Percival in several variants of holy grail quest stories.
Blanchefleur was the heroine of the medieval story "Floris and Blanchefleur."