Bolina Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Bolina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bolina
- Comments and insights on the name Bolina
Bolina was once a mortal maiden of the ancient city of Bolina. She was loved by the god Apollo, and when he pursued her, Bolina fled from him and leapt into the sea to escape his advances. Apollo then transformed her into an immortal Nymph.
Bolina is also the Spanish and Italian word for the knot known as a bowline in English.
- Personal experiences with the name Bolina
- Nicknames for Bolina
- Meanings and history of the name Bolina
A nymph in Greek Mythology.
Pronounced: boh-LEE-nah (English) vaw-LEE-nah (Greek)
- Famous real-life people named Bolina
- Bolina in song, story & screen