Bonny Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bonnie:
Derived from the Lowland Scotch bonnie (beautiful, good-natured and cheerful). Alternatively, Bonny is a pet form of the Spanish Bonita (beautiful). Var: Bonni, Bonny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bonny? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bonny
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bonny
- Comments and insights on the name Bonny
- Personal experiences with the name Bonny
- Nicknames for Bonny
- Meanings and history of the name Bonny
- Famous real-life people named Bonny
- Bonny in song, story & screen