Borbála Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Barbara:
Latin name derived from barbarus (foreign, strange), a term applied to non-Romans or those deemed to be uncivilized. Var: Barbra. Short: Barb. Pet: Babs, Barbi, Barbie.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Borbála? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Borbála
Contribute your knowledge to the name Borbála
- Comments and insights on the name Borbála
Hungarian form of Barbara
- Personal experiences with the name Borbála
- Nicknames for Borbála
- Meanings and history of the name Borbála
- Famous real-life people named Borbála
- Borbála in song, story & screen