Breeshey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bridget:
Anglicized from of the Gaelic BrÍghid, which is believed to be derived from brÍgh (strength). The name was borne by an ancient Celtic goddess, by St. Bridget of Kildar (451? - 523), an Irish abbess and patron saint of Ireland, and by St. Birgitta (1302? - 73), a Swedish nun and founder of the Order of the Brigittines.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Breeshey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Breeshey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Breeshey
- Comments and insights on the name Breeshey
- Personal experiences with the name Breeshey
- Nicknames for Breeshey
- Meanings and history of the name Breeshey
Manx form of the name Bridget
- Famous real-life people named Breeshey
- Breeshey in song, story & screen