Brendalyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Brenda:
Of uncertain origin and meaning, Brenda is thought to be a Celtic name originating in the Shetland Islands and derived fro brandr (the blade of a sword). Alternatively, it might be a feminine form of the obsolete Brandolf (sword wolf).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brendalyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brendalyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brendalyn
- Comments and insights on the name Brendalyn
A beautiful, strong girl's name
- Personal experiences with the name Brendalyn
- Nicknames for Brendalyn
- Meanings and history of the name Brendalyn
Brendalyn \b-rendaly-n, br(e)-nda-lyn\ as a girl's name has the meaning "sword" and is a variant of Brenda (Old Norse): related to the English word "brand", meaning "to mark by burning".
- Famous real-life people named Brendalyn
- Brendalyn in song, story & screen