Cait Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Caitlin:
Borrowed from the Irish, Caitlin is a variant of CaitrÍona, the Gaelic form of Catherine (pure, unsullied). Var: Caitlyn, Catelin, Catelyn, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Katelin, Katelyn, Katelynn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cait? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cait
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cait
- Comments and insights on the name Cait
nickname for Caitlin
- Personal experiences with the name Cait
- Nicknames for Cait
- Meanings and history of the name Cait
Cait is the Irish form of Kate.
- Famous real-life people named Cait
- Cait in song, story & screen