Caitlan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Caitlin:
Borrowed from the Irish, Caitlin is a variant of CaitrÍona, the Gaelic form of Catherine (pure, unsullied). Var: Caitlyn, Catelin, Catelyn, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Katelin, Katelyn, Katelynn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Caitlan? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Caitlan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caitlan
- Comments and insights on the name Caitlan
- Personal experiences with the name Caitlan
I had never met anyone with any variant of this name when we gave it to our daughter in 1988.
- Nicknames for Caitlan
- Meanings and history of the name Caitlan
- Famous real-life people named Caitlan
- Caitlan in song, story & screen