Caitly Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Caitlin:
Borrowed from the Irish, Caitlin is a variant of CaitrÍona, the Gaelic form of Catherine (pure, unsullied). Var: Caitlyn, Catelin, Catelyn, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Katelin, Katelyn, Katelynn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Caitly
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caitly
- Comments and insights on the name Caitly
- Personal experiences with the name Caitly
My name is a variation on my aunt's name (Caitlin) and gets a lot of raised eyebrows. I have never met another Caitly and I encourage new parents or parents-to-be to consider this name, as it will guarantee a unique child. It has been mistaken for Caity or Caitlyn, but it has genuine charm, I find.
- Nicknames for Caitly
- Meanings and history of the name Caitly
- Famous real-life people named Caitly
- Caitly in song, story & screen