Caitriona Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katrina:
Derived from the Dutch and German Katrine, a variant form of Katherine (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Caitriona? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Caitriona
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caitriona
- Comments and insights on the name Caitriona
- Personal experiences with the name Caitriona
- Nicknames for Caitriona
Catia/Katia, Cat/Kat, Kit, Cait, Riona, Trina
- Meanings and history of the name Caitriona
Caitríona is the Irish Gaelic form of Katherine, meaning pure. The Scottish form is Catrìona.
- Famous real-life people named Caitriona
Caitríona Mac Aonghusa, Irish judge and barrister
Caitriona O'Reilly, Irish poet and critic
Caitríona Ruane, Irish politician
Caitriona Balfe, Irish actress starring in the TV series "Outlander"
- Caitriona in song, story & screen