Calanthe Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calanthe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Calanthe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calanthe
- Comments and insights on the name Calanthe
Calanthe is the genus that many Asian orchids belong to. It literally means "beautiful flower", derived from Greek kalos- "beautiful" and anthos- "flower"
"Calanthe are the most showy of the hardy orchids, with attractive evergreen foliage and spikes of showy flowers in a variety of colors. Some have wonderful fragrance too." from asiaticanursery.com about the flowers.
- Personal experiences with the name Calanthe
- Nicknames for Calanthe
- Meanings and history of the name Calanthe
Calanthe is a genus of orchid. The name comes from Greek roots meaning "beautiful flower."
- Famous real-life people named Calanthe
- Calanthe in song, story & screen