Carin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karin:
Variant form of Karen, the Danish form of Katherine, which is derived from the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied). Var: Caren, Carin, Karen, Karena, Karrin, Karyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carin
- Comments and insights on the name Carin
- Personal experiences with the name Carin
My sister's name is Carin. I remember lots of people mispronouncing it "Karen" when we were in school. She was born in the early 70s during Karen's hay day. It's a nice scandinavian sounding name.
- Nicknames for Carin
- Meanings and history of the name Carin
Variant spelling of Karin.
- Famous real-life people named Carin
- Carin in song, story & screen