Carlyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carla:
A feminine form of Carl and Charles, both of which are derived from the Old English ceorl (man, freeman, peasant). Var: Karla. Pet: Carley, Carli, Carly, Karley, Karli, Karly.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carlyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carlyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carlyn
- Comments and insights on the name Carlyn
- Personal experiences with the name Carlyn
- Nicknames for Carlyn
- Meanings and history of the name Carlyn
(Latin) Feminine form of Carl; a free woman
- Famous real-life people named Carlyn
- Carlyn in song, story & screen