Carmina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carmen:
Spanish cognate of Carmel (vineyard, orchard). Var: Carman, Carmon.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carmina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carmina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carmina
- Comments and insights on the name Carmina
My mother's name is Carmen and I kind of like that, but Carmina is like a new flavor on a name I never wanted to steal. I love it!
- Personal experiences with the name Carmina
- Nicknames for Carmina
Carmie, Carm, Mina, Carmabell
- Meanings and history of the name Carmina
- Famous real-life people named Carmina
- Carmina in song, story & screen
There is a large musical piece entitled "Carmina Burana" that is compiled from texts found that date back to sometime around the 1200s. It's very cool from what I've heard; it has a lot to do with love and lust.