Caron Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karen:
Danish form of Katherine, a cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied). Var: Caren, Carin, Karen, Karena, Karrin, Karyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Caron? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Caron
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caron
- Comments and insights on the name Caron
- Personal experiences with the name Caron
My mothers name is Caron and she likes that it has a unique spelling, but is a easily recognised name. If people see her name written they will pronounce it Ca-ron instead of the correct Ca-ren.
I was named after the actress Leslie Caron
- Nicknames for Caron
- Meanings and history of the name Caron
- Famous real-life people named Caron
Leslie Caron: French American Actress
- Caron in song, story & screen