Carreen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karen:
Danish form of Katherine, a cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied). Var: Caren, Carin, Karen, Karena, Karrin, Karyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carreen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carreen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carreen
- Comments and insights on the name Carreen
- Personal experiences with the name Carreen
- Nicknames for Carreen
- Meanings and history of the name Carreen
A possible diminutive of "Cara." Best-known for its use in Margaret Mitchell's "Gone with the Wind" - Carreen was one of Scarlett O'Hara's sisters.
- Famous real-life people named Carreen
- Carreen in song, story & screen
Carreen O'Hara from "Gone with the Wind"